Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Milestone 1: Eating by himself


I have recently been training and encouraging En to use his spoon to feed himself. Mostly, we would have to hold another spoon and feed him the food, whilst he plays with his own food (in a separate bowl/plate).

This morning, during breakfast time, En had cereal with milk, together with banana mashed up into the cereal. I handed him the spoon and confidently told him to eat his own breakfast. I forbidded my maid from feeding him. A hungry child would certainly want to eat his food! He managed to feed himself breakfast quite neatly! I was so proud of him! There was only a dollop of cereal mash on the flood (probably the neatest floor we had after his meal).

Well done, son!

Now, to try and get him to feed himself his own lunch and dinner. Those are a little trickier. The bite-sized pieces of food tend to be picked up by hand (since En thinks its faster to pick them up by hand rather than scoop them and put them into his mouth). Soon, soon I hope. :) Its just so nice to see your little toddler feeding himself, all like a grown-up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home