Sunday, November 9, 2008

How frail the human body

My son, En, came down with flu a few days ago. It all started when I bought a very healthy En to his padaetrician for a chicken pox and flu jab. The padae told me that it was ok for the boy to have two jabs. But it turned out not, cos after the jabs, he vommitted out his orange juice (maybe that was a mistake) and his breakfast. Thereafter, he had high fever (ranging from 38 degrees plus to 39.1 degrees) that lasted for three days and two nights.

When you become a parent and your child has fever, its a very worrying thing. You worry that the fever will affect his brains if it burns too high. My MIL and I took turns sponging poor feverish En for two whole nights. En's fever finally subsisded on the third day, thank God! MIL and I came down with fever and runny nose. We now have a household full of viruses floating around!

As always, when I fall ill, I feel very tired, weak and incapacitated. Then I realise how frail the human body is. How much I take for granted my good health and strength that God has given me on a daily basis.

I will endeavour to build up a stronger body so that my body has higher immunity against diseases. Its really no point falling ill as a mother cos that means you cannot take care of your son when you do. I hope to be better tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home