Saturday, May 16, 2009

Fried chicken hunger

Having the internet is quite educational at times. 

I just watched a short film posted on a friend's blog. Its titled: Chicken a la Carte, by director Ferdinand Dimadura. I recognise it as being filmed in the Philippines cos of the food chain Jollibee. 

http://www.cultureunplugged.com/play/1081/Chicken-a%20la%20Carte

Did you notice the joy on the poor children's faces as they peered into the food bin, full of leftovers collected by the man? They were estatic at having real meat pieces to bite into. Nevermind that these were once eaten by someone who then abandoned the food cos they were too full or maybe the food did not taste delicious enough or maybe cos they had over-ordered.  

I have not known what it is like to be so poor and hungry. The Lord has blessed me materially cos I am born a Singaporean. I have never suffered to the extent of having to eat someone's leftover food. The video really left a sore spot in my heart. The Lord has always exhorted his children to care for the widows, the fatherless, the homeless. How can I follow the Lord's commands and do this? How can I be a channel of God's compassion and love for the poor and hungry? May the Lord show me. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home