Friday, April 24, 2009

Psalm 62

Psalm 62:1-2

1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.

2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

There is so much richness in the Psalms. Whenever I feel down or need to read a bible passage that I know will help me be real before God, I go to the Psalms. King David was able to proclaim that his soul found rest in God alone and that his salvation comes from God. When I felt troubled and overwhelmed with the many things to do in the week, I read this Psalm. It really comforted me. Where can we find true rest? In God. Jesus himself asked us to entrust our burdens to him for his yoke and light and easy to bear. I could not find rest by just physically resting. But I found rest when I read this Psalm and was reminded that in all our efforts to search for peace, happiness, contentment, none can be found until we turn to God. God, the creator of this universe, the sustainer of life and the very air I breath. God, who provided a way for my eternal salvation through Jesus Christ.

Are you weary? Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Are you feeling weak? Find your strength in our rock and salvation, God. He is our fortress, in him we will not be shaken.





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home