Monday, May 18, 2009

Toddlerhood


En is growing up very fast. He is going to be two years old in July. He is much taller, he can break into a little run, walk fast and sometimes slowly. He is full of antics and mischief, and also a cheeky boy. He knows how to enjoy funny moments; frowns and tells me "sad" when we read stories and I mention that a certain character is sad. He can speak a fair bit, sometimes in sentences, things like "May I have honey water please?". He also certainly knows how to talk back now, like saying or shouting "no" or "I dun want" when he does not want to be compelled to do something we have asked him to.

I must say its really fun to play with him now and yet I sometimes run out of ideas on what we can play. On the other hand, it is really challenging for us as parents to know how to deal with his rebelliousness and disobedience. Of course, we want him to obey us at the very command of our voice. However, as every parent knows, a kid is rarely that compliant. Sometimes, I have to cajole, persuade, give incentives or threaten a punishment. Sometimes I punish as the warning had already been given way in advance. It really requires God's wisdom to balance loving the child and discplining the child (because we love him and do not want him to suffer for disobedience next time).

May God continue to give me and my husband wisdom to bring En up in the ways of the Lord. And may we be good stewards of the child God has given us, that he may be raised up to glorify God everyday.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home