Monday, July 20, 2009

Creamy Shelley Pasta



Recently, En seems tired of eating porridge for lunch or even dinner. (But, I must first acknowledge and thank my wonderful mother-in-law for always overseeing the cooking of his nutritious porridge and even thinking of ways to make his food more exciting, like cooking tomato-based pasta with sauce made from scratch, yam rice, sweet potato rice! What a blessed boy En is! )So, even though I am quite heavily pregnant now, I have somehow resolved to try and make some different types of food for En to try. The additional challenge is to also make him eat his green vegetables, which he always spits out. His tongue seems to have a way of sifting through the fibrous creature and flicking it out quite adeptly without compromising on the rest of his meat or carbohydrate items spooned to him!

Today for lunch, we had creamy shelley pasta. It consists of sausages, celery bits, corn, carrots, cream and shell pasta. He was quite excited at first because it was a novel looking food item. He climbed into his high chair quickly, picked up his spoon and picked up each of the pieces with much gusto! Well, the adventurous spirit lasted about 10 minutes, after which, he started spitting out the celery and carrot bits. I was almost quite disappointed after all the effort to cook him something different. Then, I bribed him with some packet apple juice and fed him the rest of his meal. Think he managed half a chinese bowl of pasta. For those interested, I adapted it from one of the recipes from Annabel Karmel's book on feeding toddlers. She has some free recipes on her website as well. http://www.annabelkarmel.com/

Yesterday, I made fish fingers for En for dinner. He loved it! I had some ketchup sauce for him to dip it into. I was pleasantly surprised that it was so easy to prepare. He also had rice, some steamed green vegetables and soup from the adults' dinner dishes. I got the recipe from this mummy's blog http://littlegastronomy.blogspot.com/search?q=fish+fingers
She has lots of recipes, which may be more suitable for the toddler's palate 'cos she is local :) I am going to attempt more of the recipes she suggested in the future. Hopefully, with delivery of the second child and maternity leave, I will have more time on my hands to cook more for En!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home