Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Working from Home


It may seem like a great idea for a mummy with a toddler to work from home. Yes and no. Its great that my boss has allowed me to work from home, especially cos of H1N1 now and cos I fall into the "high-risk" category, I need to take extra care of myself. Its also good cos I don't have to move around so much at home. In the office, I have to walk to the toilet and pantry, go downstairs to grab tea etc. Its also great cos I get to see En all the time if I want to! The downside is that he knows mummy is at home. He is much more accustomed to me working from home now, having done it for a few weeks, but he will come and bug me every now and then.

I do feel quite sorry for him as I know that he really wants me to play with him and must be wondering why mummy prefers the computer to him! Everytime I take a step away from my laptop, he will look at me with much hope and anticipation and say: " Mama finish work already". No matter that I had just started working on the laptop an hour ago or whether its toward evening time. I will let him know that Ma Ma will play with him soon, in half an hour's time or an hour's time.

When I was a full-time worker, you are fully at work. At that time (before En reached 6 months), I was quite focused at work and never really worried or thought about En at home cos I knew he was in my MIL's good hands. Perhaps it helped that I did not have to see his cute little face and hands waving to me, cajoling me to play with him. Now that I am working part-time, it feels like I have part of the deal. Partly at home, partly at work.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

it's not easy, but still a blessing.

July 22, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home