Monday, August 3, 2009

A Second Son is Born

Yi was born on 27 July 2009, morning of 1.40 am.

Welcome to the world! (and the "theological" side of me says: to the big, bad fallen world!). It feels funny having a second son around in the family. Its only been less than a week since we brought Yi home from the hospital. En has been very excited about "Di Di" or "Baby". He keeps wanting to see Di Di in the morning, touch him, and we prompt him to tell Di Di that En En loves Di Di etc. (The brainwashing works! :P) But, we do think En has a genuine love for Di Di. He will be ever so gentle with Di Di when touching him or when we tell En to keep his volume down when near Di Di, we can see that he tries.

As for me, I have been nursing Di Di most of the time, since I am on total breastfeeding. En En seems so large to me now! I think the reduced interaction time with En contributes to this size and imaging error in my eyes! En also seems like a Kor Kor now, which in fact he is. He seems older and he is able to listen and respond to us more as a toddler than a baby. Of course, what I say seems obvious, but I am still adjusting to it cos it was only last week that En was still the only child and hence the "baby" of the family!

I pray En En loves Di Di and will take care of him always. I hope and also pray that En will adapt to having Di Di around, and that mummy will soon settle into a daily routine to be able to spend time with both her lovely, God-given boys! What a joy they are to us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home