Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back to work soon...

I will be going back to work in December. After a wonderful 4 months of maternity (thanks to the pro-family policies by our Singapore government!) plus some annual leave which I had to utilise, I will be back to rushing between the office and home.

Unlike the previous time round when I was actually quite happy to go back to work after 3 months with En, I feel a little hesitant this time round. I have grown to enjoy the SAHM role this time round. Will En be able to cope with me back in the office? We have been spending so much time together playing, going out and doing stuff together during my maternity. En is also quite clingy around me recently (I suspect he is still adjusting to having a younger sibling at home) and gets fussy if I do not go to him when he calls. Apart from the above concern, I wonder how my boys will be when I go back to work.

I know that they will be in very good hands of my MIL and helper. They both love the boys. But, will I get to still catch the fun moments and silly expressions that En makes sometimes during the day? I will now have to rely on my MIL to tell me what he said or did that was funny or could possibly be a milestone-type of incident (like, "En said this 10-syllable word today"!). What about Yi? Will I miss his first steps? His tenth word?

I will have to rush from home to office, and from office back to home again, to ensure that travel time is minimal so that I can maximise my time with the boys at home. I wonder how things will be like.

May God provide me with all the memory-making moments to look back on despite having to work and be away from them half (or more than half) the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home