Friday, December 25, 2009

Jesus was born 2000 years ago

Blessed Christmas to my dear friends reading this blog. Today is Christmas day and this is my nativity scene sans wise men, camel and star. I had thought it would be a nice centrepiece on the coffee table and I could also share with En more about Jesus through these sculpey figurines. Alas, I overestimated the time and effort required to mould each of these figures, i.e., an average of 1.5 hours per figure! I often had to do it late at night after the boys were asleep and I could not finish the scene in time for Christmas.

This is a good time of the year to remember Jesus' birth.

WHY did he have to be born as a human baby?
---> so that he could experience what man went through on this earth and empathise with us and ultimately to reveal himself as God's Son and thereafter die on the cross

HOW did he come to be born?
-> God chose Mary, his humble servant, as a vessel to give birth to Jesus.

WHAT did he have to go through?
--> Jesus had to endure suffering, humiliation and finally abandonment from God for a moment when he was on the cross.

SO, what has this got to do with me?
--> "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a SAVIOUR, who is CHRIST THE LORD." Luke 2:11
--> For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Check out a much more detailed presentation of Two Ways to Live by going to this website.
http://www.matthiasmedia.com.au/2wtl/2wtlonline.html

Personal reflection: I often take for granted my reconciled status with God. May God help me to keep looking to what Christ has done for me on the cross, that I may always express my gratefulness and thanksgiving to him through the service of my life.

Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Tyan said...

this is BEAUTIFUL!:)Thanks for sharing:)

December 25, 2009 at 2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home