Thursday, April 15, 2010

Taiwan - Food 1


Our family recently visited Taiwan. We brought En (2 yrs and 8 mths) and Yi (8 mths) along, together with my MIL and mum. The best thing about Taiwan is the FOOD! I also enjoyed the scenery there and we met some really nice Taiwanese locals there as well.
I shall feature some Taiwanese food in my blog. My favourite dumpling is Xiao Long Bao. In Taiwan, I had the privilege of eating XLB from prepared from the streetside hawker, from Din Tai Fung and this excellent shophouse called Gong Zheng Dian (in Hualien). This picture shows the XLB from Gong Zheng Dian, it doesn't look like the one we have at Crystal Jade which is the Shanghainese style. There is minced meat with the soup inside the dumpling. Absolutely delicious and it costs only 25 cents each. I am still dreaming about it... Anyone wants to bring this business to Singapore?
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home