Saturday, January 30, 2010

I am a big boy. I can do it myself.




These days, En wants to do many things himself. He wants to go to toilet by himself, open the door himself, take off his clothes and wear them again by himself. Rendering any form of assistance to him will meet with the following response: (1) Don't help me, I can do it myself, (2) He gets really upset and starts to break into the crying mode, or (3) He will insist he is a big boy and say, "I can do it myself".
Many experts on toddlers say this is the norm as they wish to exert their independence. Also, their motor skills and psychological development provide the basis for which they also wish to and are able to function more independently.
En likes to use the shoehorn to help his papa fit on his working shoes every morning. Recently, he has attempted to use the shoe horn to help himself put on his crocs too! It is quite a hilarious and also heartwarming sight! I believe he eats by himself in school (though not at home! hmmpphh!). There was one night, when I casually asked him if he could sleep by himself without me putting him to bed. I did not expect him to say, "Yes mama, I can". I was almost in tears (full of nostalgia that perhaps this would be my last time putting him to sleep) when I left the room and sat outside his room door, waiting for him to fall asleep. Alas, I was quite happy when he asked me to pat him to sleep after a good 5 min tossing on his bed! This is really a precious season in my child's life and I would not miss it for anything! Glad I can experience all these growing up milestones with En.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Tyan said...

love the 3rd photo of En looking sideways.So retro,remember olden days folks don't look right into the camera but always tilt their head sideways?haha! He's all grown up now!:)

February 2, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home