Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Morning at the Park - Only $1.86!


Its been eons since I blogged. I have been having some time off work, 3 weeks plus to be exact, and I found myself very busy as a stay-home mum. I will probably blog once a month henceforth if I can even find the time to do so!
I brought the boys to the Hort Park at Alexander Road a few weeks ago. It was a really cheap and fun way to spend the morning. For $1.86 (the cost being that of the parking at the Hort Park), they boys had fun playing with sand, running around the playground and avoiding the many millipedes that love to crawl along the pavement!! The bad thing about reaching the park at 9.30 am is that the sun is scorching by that time. Maybe that explains the lack of people in the lovely park, save for a few avid photographers and park cleaners. The other bad thing that happened is that I slipped. In my enthusiasm to show En the herbal plants, I stepped on some wet, algae-covered sidewalk and fell with quite a loud thud! My back felt fine, so the first thing I did was ask En to come get the camera case from me, and the second thing, was to call for my helper (who was with Yi) to come help me up. I could barely believe how pragmatic I was at that moment! Fancy saving my camera cover from dirt instead of wanting to pick myself up first!
I will stay away from Hort Park for a while for it really was too hot! Will check out other free places for the kids to have fun in.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home